Skip to main content
Question

Capaticy of job - agent version upgrade

• 19 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone,

I have a doubt about process of upgrade of agent sysaid version.

This is my case.

I have 2 groups of assets like below.

Desktop - 500 assets

Laptop - 600 assets.

Could I schedule only one job to upgrade all this assets? Whats the better way to do this? 

Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!

Here is the response we thought might assist you:

**AI magic at your service!**

To upgrade the SysAid agent version for your assets, you can schedule a single job to upgrade all your assets, including both desktops and laptops. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:

**Step 1: Access Network Discovery Settings**
1. Log in to your SysAid Admin console.
2. Navigate to 'Settings' > 'Network Discovery'.

**Step 2: Configure Automatic Upgrades**
1. Find the 'Upgrade agent Version' tab.
2. Configure the automatic upgrade settings for your agents. This feature allows you to manage and automate the upgrade process for all assets, ensuring they are always up to date with the latest agent version.

**Step 3: Schedule the Upgrade**
1. After configuring the settings, initiate the upgrade process by clicking on 'Run Now'. This will trigger the agents to upgrade automatically to the latest version available.

**Step 4: Verify Upgrades**
1. To confirm that the upgrades have been successful, go to 'Assets' > 'Asset List'.
2. Add the 'SysAid Agent Version' column to the list (by clicking 'Customize View' and adding this field to the visible fields column) to see which assets have been upgraded and which haven't.

Please note that this self-upgrade feature is available only for Windows agents. For Macintosh and Linux agents, upgrades should be performed manually on each machine.

If you encounter any issues during this process or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to open a Service Record by clicking the 'Create a Service Record' link located on the chat page.