Solved

Is there a way to setup a checkin/checkout of assets

• 16 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I am looking to leverage my On-Prem installation with a way to dedicate certain assets as “loaner” and then use Sysaid for requesters to check them out and back in.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 5 July 2023, 10:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Antonio GSU

Thank you for the explanation. Can you please give us a use case of when you’d like to use this? 

Thanks! 

We have about 10 laptops that are set asside for people to borrow for a period of time.  We would like to be able to use Sysaid to create a way of tracking checkouts and checkins for the users that borrow them.  I would like to know if this can be done, and can you tell me what steps are needed to do this.

Thanks a lot.

Hello, @Antonio GSU 

Thank you for the explanation! We recommend using CMDB module in this case. You can import assets and create them as CIs (configuration items).

This knowledge base article might be helpful: How to create a template https://documentation.sysaid.com/docs/ci-templates

If you already have assets deployed with agents, you can use Import all assets to the CMDB and manage them there. 

You can use the owner field and track who’s borrowing it. If you also want to track them by the barcode, you can use barcode scanner and associate them with CI via mobile app.