Question

Patch Management

• 7 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Ive turned on patch management for a number of agent/assets.  Ive configured the default workstation policy  and assigned it to the  assets and set it to “run now” for the scan of the assets.

Nothing seems to show up on my assets for patches….It catalogs what software is installed on the workstations for inventory without issue.  Ive opened ports 1070 and 1072 I believe it is on the server to access the latest files.  Do I have to wait for the scheduled scan?  It should have run when it was turned on…..should this not detect its running Windows 10 and pull down the master list of patches missing and available for Windows 10?  Ive already turned on all patch categories and selected Windows 10 to be patched.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @chill111,

the patch management supposed to update your windows machine if needed.

Depending on the actual state of the machine if the patch is missing it will be listed,

if it already installed it then it will be shown in the “Installed Patches” so that really depends on the configurations that you set up and the state of the machine.

If you want to make sure that it’s working you can deliberately install an old version of a software for example an old build of VLC or any other software that you approved in the policy and check that after a full patch scan it’s installing the latest available version in GFI.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @chill111 ,

Did you manage to catch the session about Asset Management during SMART 2022 with @Ionut our Customer Care Team Leader and expert? 

It’s now available on demand, simply register for the event and recording will be available for you: 

Cheers,