Run Report on Installed software

I am trying to run a report that will show how many instances of particular products we have installed on our assets. I can see the software tab under each of the assets and this shows the data for each asset but I am looking for a consolidated view of, for example, all machines with IE 11 installed.

When trying to create the report there doesn't appear to be any field to pull out software items. Please can you advise if there is a way to do this?

16 replies

I'm also trying to do this, so if anyone has an idea or can direct the both of us in the right direction, that would be perfect.
Hi agramsky,

I never got a response on this and never figured out a way to do it so we now use a different tool for asset management.
Hey guys,

You can find this information either by setting up the software product under Assets > Software Products, and clicking on "Show Assets using this software" under "# Instaled"; or by running the "Software/Hardware Inventory" report on "Software Product" item type.

Cheers,
Danny
`
Hi Danny,

The report will not be filtered by me. I always see all the assets. How can I restore the filter?

Stefan
Hi Stefan,

Could you please clarify your question? What kind of filter are you trying to restore?

Thanks,
Danny
I have the same problem, any solutions for this?
This seems to be a lingering issue for years. I still haven't found a method in Sysaid and have to run supplemental software. I too would like to run a report that allows me to search for one application such as Malwarebytes and show all the computers that do or do not have it and what version if it does. Since it's available in the tab of each asset, you'd think it would be easy to at least allow the fields in query builder if not in a default view.

If anyone has found an answer, please reply.
Did anyone get anywhere with this as it is quite fundamental to be able to report on software cversions. Thanks.
I am also trying to do this. I can get a report of which assets have a particular software package installed, but I want that list to include version when I export the list from "Software Products". I specifically want to see who has an old version installed.

Since I am on-premise I can do this with direct SQL access to the backend database, but I would like to be able to make a report or see this in the Software Products view, as those would be a lot easier to work with.
RedbeardTheTech
I am also trying to do this. I can get a report of which assets have a particular software package installed, but I want that list to include version when I export the list from "Software Products". I specifically want to see who has an old version installed.

Since I am on-premise I can do this with direct SQL access to the backend database, but I would like to be able to make a report or see this in the Software Products view, as those would be a lot easier to work with.

Looking for this same solution, I'm cloud based though...
Hello guys, I hope this reply is useful and understandable.

This is how I run reports on the software installed on our assets, as of now I have only run a few reports and they have been fairly accurate, mainly just looking for computers that may be missing Antivirus or other essential software.

- Go to Assets > then on the Asset Management category select Software products.
- Select New on the top right corner.
- Complete the name of the program you will search for, version, vendor, # of Licenses, etc... (Not all of this info is mandatory, is more for your own reference in the future).
- One of the last options is the Query Builder, click there and pop-up windows will display an option to create a filter.
- There I leave Statement as it is and on Choose Element I go by Install names, then the query will offer another column from which I select "Like" (Of course you may adjust this according to your own search) then I type the name of the program according to how it is displayed on a computer which it is installed on and proceed to click on Create Filter.
- Once the filter the popup windows will close and then proceed to click on Apply to make all the changes.
- At this point, you should be able to see the option "# Installed" followed by a quantity of program and following that and option such as "Show Assets using this software" and when you select this a list of the assets will popup, then you could export it to excel and create a report etc...

I hope this was helpful, I posted attachments of the steps, and let me know if this worked for you guys, hope it does.
I moved to work in this cloud
Perhaps you are wondering why this is important. After all, it's just a list of software, right? Yes and no. The 'no' is because a lot of software that is installed leaves traces behind and almost all software can be exploited if you know what you're doing. Unless it's something you'll use on an occasional basis, like Microsoft Office (which you should remove anyway), it's best to get rid of anything that has been installed.

Thank you Darkjas for sharing and showing a list of assets for the particular software and version searched.  When I searched for all assets with java client installed, I was hoping for a combined list of assets and the java versions installed on those devices in a usable format but instead I see two separate lists and no association to which asset has which java version (Software_Search.jpg). Also, the software inventory shows a list of assets but broken out (software_inventory.jpg).  Is there any report or method to get a list showing assets and the software installed? (Preferrred_Rpt.jpg)

Userlevel 5
Badge

@NCRDCSS @Loretta @Looreann don’t miss-out on tomorrow’s session!

Badge

Good morning! I think Andersen is a powerful software tool that can help organizations keep track of their installed software. However, it is important to run a report on installed software before using Andersen to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.