Scan a Custom Path during Inventory

Is there a way to scan a specific path for current EXE files that are located there. I have a tool that is a standalone EXE and would like to know what version of the EXE is installed on machines. I would even be happy with just knowing that it exist on a machine.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi AceOfAllTrades,

I will work off these 2 assumptions to answer you:
1. You have our agent deployed on your assets, read more about IT here.
2. You are looking for .exe files as an indication to a software actually installed on assets in your organization.

In order to managed software installed and their versions you can use our "Software products" module learn more about it here.

Hope this helped, let us know how it's going!
Cheers,
Maayan

AceOfAllTrades
Is there a way to scan a specific path for current EXE files that are located there. I have a tool that is a standalone EXE and would like to know what version of the EXE is installed on machines. I would even be happy with just knowing that it exist on a machine.
I have the agents installed on my machines and the issue is the software exe that I'm looking to find is not an installed product. It is a standalone exe that runs with out an install. I'm putting it into a specific folder on my workstations. I would like to be able to add to the inventory a scan of that folder or be able to add the complete path to the EXE file to scan. I understand i can look for installed products and add them in through the software module.
The inablity to scan the entire machine for EXE files and see those is one of my biggest issues with Sysaid software inventory and from what i have seen on the forums lot of other have the same type request.