Solved

Multiple escalation rules per template

• 25 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I’ve setup a problem template and a couple of unique ticket statuses restricted to this template and trying to apply multiple escalation rules to this particular template, There are 4 rules in total.

For testing purposes I’ve set each rule to be 5 minutes apart: 

Rule 1 

Escalates service records with type Problem, only non-merged tickets, with category Bug, with sub-category General, with status Sent to team X. Triggers on 0 hours 10 minutes after ModifyTime. Notifies: ME!, Administrator.

Escalation Level 1

Rule 2

Escalates service records with type Problem, only non-merged tickets, with category Bug, with sub-category General, with status Sent to team X. Triggers on 0 hours 15 minutes after ModifyTime. Notifies: ME!, Administrator.

Escalation Level 2

Rule 3

Escalates service records with type Problem, only non-merged tickets, with category Bug, with sub-category General, with status Sent to team X. Triggers on 0 hours 20 minutes after ModifyTime. Notifies: ME!, Administrator.

Escalation Level 3

Rule 4

Escalates service records with type Problem, only non-merged tickets, with category Bug, with sub-category General, with status Sent to team X. Triggers on 0 hours 25 minutes after ModifyTime. Notifies: ME!, Administrator. Set the following fields: Admin group = Service Desk

Escalation Level 4

From testing I’m finding that its taking approx. 30 minutes to send the notification for Rule 2 - Instead of 5 minutes? Am I overlooking something? 

icon

Best answer by iulian.olaru 25 August 2023, 16:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

From our documentation:

“After having determined which service records to escalate, you must then determine when they will escalate.

Escalation rules are triggered within a five minute (On-Premises) or ten minute (Cloud) window of the time you specify here.”

Read more:

https://documentation.sysaid.com/v1/docs/new-escalation-rule.