Solved

Multiple templates per sub type

• 5 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I’ve recently been tasked with setting up some new templates and I can see that there are multiple templates using the same Sub type.

When setting up a new template from Service Desk Templates > Incident Templates 

I’ve tried duplicating one of the templates that uses the same sub-type but that just creates a new sub type and when trying to create a new template from scratch (In Service Desk Templates > Incident Templates) i don’t have the option to select which sub type to use. 

Where am I going wrong? 

Kind regards, J

icon

Best answer by alin.lupascu 7 July 2023, 17:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @rdtjbrown,

There are two options here and I can guide you through both. I would however advise that you start at Sub-Type level (duplicate the subtype and give it a new name) rather than changing the sub-type on a template that you just duplicated (however this can be useful as well).

1. Change the sub-type of an existing template.
  1. Navigate to Settings → Service Desk Templates → Sub-Types → Locate the Sub-type that your current template is using → Click to open the sub-type → Edit Sub-type View
  1. Using the Design form on the right side of the screen Select the subtype from the right table and using the arrows add it to the left side.

1. Duplicate a Sub-type that you are happy with the fields and fields position.
  1. Navigate to Settings → Service Desk Templates → Sub-Types → Locate the Sub-type you want to duplicate and click on it.
  1. Give it a name to your liking and hit Create. 

Note: once you’ve done this the system will generate a template that is going to use this specific sub-type. You can find the template by navigating to  Service Desk Templates → Select your SR type Template.

I hope this helps.