Question

Setting a new default Request Template

• 28 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi All, 

We have the on-prem platform, build v21.4.45 b17. SysAid is overwhelmed with different request and incident templates. I am not able to find the settings where I can set a default template on the Self Service Portal. Can you please assist with this?

Cheers

S

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @SChandiramani , 

You can configure default templates for SSP here: 

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Badge

Hi Maayan, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

There seems to be multiple forms in ‘Sub Type’, there is no ‘DEFAULT’. Can any of these existing forms be set as default or renamed as DEFAULT?

We have multiple forms for different departments. I don’t know how to set a form for each department.

Cheers

Badge

Anyone?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @SChandiramani 

1. You can rename any template 
  2. Also to define from Admin side the defualt form for end user you can go:

Settings > Service Desk > Categories > Click on multi-cogwheel icon (Next to filter icon) and define your defaults there: 

Let us know if that helped!

Badge

Maayan,

Piggybacking off this this a bit. The suggestion above allows the default template for the end user to be adjusted. Within the admin side of the ticket portal, the ticket still utilizes the Default Sub Type. This can be manually adjusted on the submitted ticket to the preferred Sub Type. However, I’m wondering if there’s a way to change the Default to our created Sub Type so that our team doesn’t have to manually adjust that for every ticket?

Thanks,

Dan