Solved

Workflow - Dependency issue?

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I’ve run into a slight issue with my workflow where Stage 3 isn’t activating (See image below) and I can’t spot where I’m going wrong. The first workflow route is working okay, but I can’t get the second route to behave properly. 

I have a custom list (YES/NO) setup where by if field = YES, then go from Stage 1 to 2. If this field = NO then it should go from Stage 1 to 3 but the stage 3 tab/action item just isn’t activating. 

Stage 3 dependencies

icon

Best answer by rdtjbrown 1 November 2023, 10:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello, 

From what I`ve checked in the screenshot that you sent us, Department 2 action item depends of Stage 2 or Stage 1, right? We will need to check also the Attributes mapping section. From issue that you presented you will need to create a dependency between the stage 2 action item and department 2, for example. It will be better to send us an email about this to helpdesk@sysaid.com and we can investigate this issue separate. 

Thank you and have a nice day!

Hello, 

From what I`ve checked in the screenshot that you sent us, Department 2 action item depends of Stage 2 or Stage 1, right? We will need to check also the Attributes mapping section. From issue that you presented you will need to create a dependency between the stage 2 action item and department 2, for example. It will be better to send us an email about this to helpdesk@sysaid.com and we can investigate this issue separate. 

Thank you and have a nice day!

Hi Ioana,

That is correct, Stage 3 has two connections. 

1. From Stage 2 to 3, via action item completion

2. From Stage 1 to 3, based on custom field list being ‘No’. 

I’ve tried deleting and re-creating the same dependencies, but I’m left scratching my head at this point as I’ve managed to get this working for a similar template in the past and comparing the two I don’t see any differences. 

Hi @rdtjbrown 
The flow seems correct, so, it requires further investigation. Please, create a ticket and our support team will help you.

I figured it out in the end…. I was working on an existing template that was somewhat borked… In the end I just created it from scratch and it worked as expected.. 

Thank you for the update, @rdtjbrown!
I’m happy you found the solution 🙂