Action Item Conditions Using Custom Fields

• 21 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hello!

I am new in these parts. Hoping someone might be able to lead me in the right direction.

My goal is to establish a conditional request flow based on the data entered at the Request Details page. If my custom field titled "Custom Document Change" is set to "Yes", then I would like to access that in the attributes within an action item. Is that possible? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Thank you!

1 reply

Hey again kat,

you can access fields from the initial SR by populating them in a sub tab.

Do the following:

1. Create a 2nd custom field (with the same name or a different name, doesnt matter) in Settings >> Customize >> Fields Customization >> Action Item. The field should be the same type as the field in the Request Details page.
2. Add that field to a sub tab within the workflow.
3. At the bottom of the sub tab, you'll find a link titled "Attributes", click on that one.
4. You can use the 2nd table "Populate values from other action items" to pull values from the SR or other sub tabs. To get a value from the initial request page, select the following options:
- Workflow Tab: Service Record
- Action item: none
- External Field: The name of your custom field on the initial request page
- Direction: ->
- Local field: The name of your custom field on the sub tab
- Population method: I'd recommend Overwrite if not completed but any method works
- Population Trigger: SR Update

When creating a request now, SysAid will automatically populate the value of that field within the sub that and you can use that field as a dependency or for wf notifications.

Happy to answer any questions!
Max