Can Activities be imported?

• 6 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Our Desktop Support team has been using SysAid for quite some time, but our programming staff (which I manage) has been tracking our projects in a <cough, cough> spreadsheet. We would like to jump into SysAid so that our programmers can grab unassigned projects and then track and close out those projects themselves, also giving the requestors more insight into the status of requests. Is there any way for us to import our existing projects into SysAid as activities? We have a historical record of over 1,600 requests in our spreadsheet and about 100 of those are "active." I only see imports for categories and assets. If there is no import, do long-time SysAid users have any tips for getting large numbers of requests into the system? Thanks,
Charlie

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
cpoag
Our Desktop Support team has been using SysAid for quite some time, but our programming staff (which I manage) has been tracking our projects in a <cough, cough> spreadsheet. We would like to jump into SysAid so that our programmers can grab unassigned projects and then track and close out those projects themselves, also giving the requestors more insight into the status of requests. Is there any way for us to import our existing projects into SysAid as activities? We have a historical record of over 1,600 requests in our spreadsheet and about 100 of those are "active." I only see imports for categories and assets. If there is no import, do long-time SysAid users have any tips for getting large numbers of requests into the system? Thanks,
Charlie

Hi cpoag,
Currently this can be done but will require custom support, please contact our support to assist you with this in email: helpdesk@sysaid.com or our chat at https://csmp.sysaid.com/helpdeskintegration/chat-start.php

Nonetheless there is also a feature request for this capability to be self-serve that I will associate you to FR#51341 so you can get updates once in delivery pipeline.

Cheers,
Maayan