Question

Can I.... in activities

• 25 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I would like to make the description a drop down list for consistancy AND i would like to add a default time for a template. Is this possible?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @TommyBarnett,

To make the description a dropdown list in SysAid, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your SysAid Admin portal.
2. Navigate to Settings > Customize > Fields Customization.
3. Locate the 'Description' field and change its type to 'List' by editing the field properties.
4. Define the list options that you want to be available for the 'Description' field by navigating to Settings > Customize > Lists.
5. Save your changes to the template.

Please note that if the 'Description' field does not support list functionality by default, you may need to create a custom field to use as a dropdown and then map it to the 'Description' in your forms.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to set a predefined time spent on activities. You can add a value and it will be suggested each time you add a new activity but it will not be assigned by default.

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Although not the answer i had hoped for, this is helpful. 

For repetitive tasks that are the same thing over and over I had hoped to set up a template that had everything populated already and they could just use the 3 click rule to close. IF you have ideas along these lines to expedite the process I would love to hear them.