Question

deploy password services to login screen via group policy

• 20 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I want to deploy the sysaid agent via group policy. i have configured the group policy and the transforms MST file, but I dont see anything in the MST to deploy password services to the workstation login screen, am I missing something or can that only be deployed by using the agent deployment plan????? thanks for your help

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Hoss pmx-ray 

You can follow the below instructions to enable Password Services:

Basically, if you want to deploy it with .msi - you can add in Orca> Proprieties> CredentialProviderHandler- value 1(Enabled)

Enable Password Self Service from the Windows login screen (optional)

You can allow your end users to access the Password Self Service Wizard from the Windows login screen (supports Windows Vista and higher).

To enable the Password Self Service Wizard from the Windows login screen on your computers, you must install version 8.5+ of the SysAid Agent and enable the SysAid Password Services Credential Provider.

You can enable the SysAid Password Services Credential Provider in the following ways:

SysAid Deployment Tool

In the Deployment Tool under Edit > Settings, check the box Install SysAid Password Services Credential Provider. Then deploy the SysAid Agent to the desired computers.

Network Discovery

From Settings > Network Discovery > Deploy Agents , open Agent Settings and check the box Install SysAid Password Services Credential Provider. Then deploy the SysAid Agent to the desired computers.

Manually (for agents that have already been deployed, or deployed manually)

SysAid Agent 9.1 and above

For each desired computer, open the AgentConfigurationFile.xml file located at ...\SysAid\Configuration.

1. Search for the following section:
    <Handler Name="CredentialProviderHandler" Enable="1">
    <property Name="InstalledState" value="UnInstall" Enable="0" />
    <property Name="Guild" value="{FC205E00-2E7C-4624-906B-C9F440E669A2}" Enable="0" />
    <property Name="CredentialProviderLibraryFileName" value="SysAidUnlckRstPasswd_08501.dll" Enable="1" />
    </Handler>

Plain text

Copy

2. Change the UnInstall value to Install
  3. Save changes to AgentConfigurationFile.xml.

You may create a script to do this on multiple computers at once, if you desire.

You can find all the details here.

Perfect, thanks for the help