Help Getting a Patching Report

• 23 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone. First time poster. We had a very hard time getting our patching up and running. Multiple issues and problems. We were finally able to retire our previous patching product a month or two ago and just rely on SysAid for patching. I'm not the technical SME for SysAid, just the IT Director. I now need to produce reporting for how the patching has worked and am having a heck of a time. All I am looking for is A) How many patches were successfully deployed and 😎 how many are still needed. I would like much more than that but I'll settle for now, for just that. There are only about 5 reports within SysAid, and thus far none of them really provide that information. I must be doing something wrong because this seems like the most basic of patching statistics. Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Good evening SMMBOP,

I have to admit I'm a little confused or I don't quite understand what you mean.

We have been using the patch management for years, but we have never needed a report. Everything we need can be found in the Asset -> Patch Management view.

From there we use four displays:
Missing
Approved
Failed
Installed

If we have a special asset to investigate, we can find all information in the asset data about what is installed.

Maybe we're talking past each other, then I would ask you to describe in more detail what you are looking for.

best regards
Karlson

SMMBOP
Hi Everyone. First time poster. We had a very hard time getting our patching up and running. Multiple issues and problems. We were finally able to retire our previous patching product a month or two ago and just rely on SysAid for patching. I'm not the technical SME for SysAid, just the IT Director. I now need to produce reporting for how the patching has worked and am having a heck of a time. All I am looking for is A) How many patches were successfully deployed and 😎 how many are still needed. I would like much more than that but I'll settle for now, for just that. There are only about 5 reports within SysAid, and thus far none of them really provide that information. I must be doing something wrong because this seems like the most basic of patching statistics. Thank you.
Hi Karlson. Thanks so much for your reply. That may very well be the way I need to go about getting the data. I'm not in charge of patching (others that work for me are). So I don't have access to the actual administration console. I do have access to the reporting however, so I had just assumed "there must be a report for this". If that information is available directly from console, then perhaps I need to just ask my team to pull that data for me. I was trying to self-serve and not bother them (they're quite busy as you can imagine).
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi SMMBOP,

I don't know your exact configuration! Obviously, it would be easy to give you permission

What is your standard method for the patch approval process?
Depending on the method, you could create a report for the service requests. You should at least check this before you start.

best
Karlson

SMMBOP
Hi Karlson. Thanks so much for your reply. That may very well be the way I need to go about getting the data. I'm not in charge of patching (others that work for me are). So I don't have access to the actual administration console. I do have access to the reporting however, so I had just assumed "there must be a report for this". If that information is available directly from console, then perhaps I need to just ask my team to pull that data for me. I was trying to self-serve and not bother them (they're quite busy as you can imagine).