Skip to main content
Question

How to increase 40 character length

• 21 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I have an issue where I am trying to upload an address that is 40 characters. SysAid importing tool will not upload the record to the database. Is there a way of increasing the limit?

Thanks

Hardeep

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!
Here is the response we thought might assist you:

To address the issue of uploading an address that exceeds the 40-character limit in SysAid, you can create a new custom field with a higher character limit. Here are the steps to create a new 'Text Area' field, which supports up to 65,000 characters, ensuring that your address can be uploaded without any issues:

1. **Navigate to Field Customization**:
- Go to `Settings` > `Customize` > `Fields Customization` > `Service Desk`.

2. **Create a New Custom Field**:
- Click on the option to create a new custom field.

3. **Select 'Text Area' as the Field Type**:
- Choose 'Text Area' as the field type. This type of field supports a significantly higher character limit compared to the standard 'Text' field.

4. **Configure the New Field**:
- Set the caption and any other required settings for the new field according to your needs.

5. **Save the Changes**:
- Save the new custom field and use it for uploading addresses that exceed the 40-character limit.

By following these steps, you can ensure that your address data is successfully uploaded to the SysAid database without encountering character limit issues.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @deepslalli 

Depending on what is tried to be imported different areas work different.

If this is related to a field character limit you can create a new custom field with a higher character limit. Here are the steps to create a new 'Text Area' field, which supports up to 65,000 characters. You can do this by going to Settings > Customize > Fields Customization > Service Desk > New > Choose 'Text Area' as the field type > Set the caption and any other required settings for the new field according to your needs > Save.

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email or contact us via chat.

Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!
Here is the response we thought might assist you:

To address the issue of uploading an address that exceeds the 40-character limit in SysAid, you can create a new custom field with a higher character limit. Here are the steps to create a new 'Text Area' field, which supports up to 65,000 characters, ensuring that your address can be uploaded without any issues:

1. **Navigate to Field Customization**:
- Go to `Settings` > `Customize` > `Fields Customization` > `Service Desk`.

2. **Create a New Custom Field**:
- Click on the option to create a new custom field.

3. **Select 'Text Area' as the Field Type**:
- Choose 'Text Area' as the field type. This type of field supports a significantly higher character limit compared to the standard 'Text' field.

4. **Configure the New Field**:
- Set the caption and any other required settings for the new field according to your needs.

5. **Save the Changes**:
- Save the new custom field and use it for uploading addresses that exceed the 40-character limit.

By following these steps, you can ensure that your address data is successfully uploaded to the SysAid database without encountering character limit issues.

Love the experience? You can enjoy the full power of SysAid Copilot and reduce your team workload starting today - check it by yourself

Thank you so much for the response, I just have a follow up question, I believe I should try to keep 

“DB Field Name” and as I can’t edit the field in question. So can I delete what I already have, then do step 3 and then use the same DB Field Name for that new entry?

TIA