Skip to main content
Solved

Initial RDS Setup

• 2 September 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all, 

we are just getting started with Sysaid implementation and it has been a bumpy road, nevertheless I have installed RDS on one of our servers, followed the documentation, however in sysaid portal, I only see one RDS node which is sysaid server. i am not sure if that is how it should be or not, but i have no option to add new one. 

if I go to do any sort of WMI or SNMP scan, I also cannot choose RDS nor Domain, which makes me think there might be a step that i have missed after installing the RDS. 

PS: I have assigned credentials to RDS , I have no way of confirming whether it is working or not. 

I would appreciate any help on this one.  

Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!

Here is the response we thought might assist you:

**AI magic at your service!**

To address the issue of your RDS not appearing in the SysAid portal and being unable to perform WMI or SNMP scans, please follow these steps:

### Preliminary Checks
1. **Verify RDS Installation:** Ensure that the RDS installation was completed successfully. You can check the installation logs for any errors that may have occurred during the process.

2. **Check RDS Service Status:**
- Navigate to the machine where the RDS is installed.
- Open the 'Services' console by typing 'services.msc' into the Run dialog (Windows Key + R).
- In the Services list, locate 'SysAid Discovery Service'.
- Check if the service is running. If it is not, right-click on it and select 'Start'. If it is running, try restarting it by selecting 'Restart'.

3. **Verify Network Connectivity:** Ensure that there are no network issues or firewall restrictions blocking communication between the RDS server and SysAid.

### RDS Configuration Verification
1. **SysAid ID and URL:** Double-check that the SysAid ID and URL entered during installation are correct and match your SysAid account details.

2. **Check RDS Node in SysAid:**
- Navigate to 'Settings' from the main menu.
- Select 'Network Discovery' from the submenu.
- Click on the 'RDS' tab to view the list of RDS nodes.
- Ensure that the newly installed RDS node appears in the list.

### Advanced Troubleshooting
1. **Logs Analysis:** Check the RDS logs for any error messages or clues. The logs can typically be found in the `C:\Program Files\SysAid Remote Discovery\root\WEB-INF\logs` directory.

2. **Re-verify Installation:** Ensure that all components were correctly installed. Sometimes, reinstalling the RDS can resolve unseen issues.

### If the Issue Persists
If after following these steps the issue remains unresolved, it might be necessary to delve deeper into the configuration or potentially involve SysAid support for a more in-depth analysis.

1. **Contact Support:** Since a Service Record is already open for this request, please update it with the steps you've taken and any findings. Include detailed logs and error messages if available.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with your RDS setup. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Hi @CycloAdmin,

We have submitted SR #2510879 to further investigate this incident.

I will follow up with you shortly via email to resume troubleshooting.

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out.