Sysaid hotkey F11

• 24 February 2016
  • 7 replies

Hey guys, I'm having an issue where I change the hotkey for my Sysaid shortcut on a clients computer (via properties) and both F11 and the new shortcut key open sysaid....I have also tried setting it to "none" and F11 STILL works. Do i have to delete a registry key to achieve this and where would it be located?

7 replies

Hi Sky303,

Please try disabling the hotkey through your SysAid > Assets > Asset List. Select the machine in question (so it gets highlighted in green), go to Agent Settings, and set to Hot key to None. Don't forget to click Save. Give it a number of minutes to update and check again.

Let me know if this works.

Cheers,
Danny
Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm trying to do the same thing. I don't get an "Agent Settings" option though. I'm using version 14.4.32 b25. How do I do this?
Hi Kevin,

This feature has been added in v15.1.50. You should either upgrade to the latest version first (v16.2.25 at the moment), or you will have to undeploy and redeploy the agents with the new settings.

Cheers,
Danny
Danny Tashiev
Hi Kevin,

This feature has been added in v15.1.50. You should either upgrade to the latest version first (v16.2.25 at the moment), or you will have to undeploy and redeploy the agents with the new settings.

Cheers,
Danny

Ok, thanks. If I do redeploy the agents (or for future installs), what is the command line option to disable the hotkey? I see that it is /hotkey but what do I set it to?
Hi Kevin,

To easily configure the agent deployment settings, I suggest using the function at Settings > Network Discovery > Deploy Agents. Then, before running a deployment, click on Agent Settings, and choose the desired options.

Cheers,
Danny
I don't want to do it that way, I want to use SCCM to deploy it.
I tried to configure hotkey after manual deployment but could not work the F11 and F12 keys no matter how long i waited to update. Help, please?