Alternatives to Approved

• 29 November 2021
  • 2 replies

• Community Enthusiast
  • 9 replies
I'm new with SysAid, working on developing my first workflow. "Approved" Y/N seems to be the go-all to trigger completion of an Action Item, but I was wondering how to create an alternative to this option. In my workflow, I have an "Evaluation" where our helpdesk evaluates a user request to decide what subtasks will be needed, what template to use, etc. Instead of Approved Y/N, I'm looking to give the give helpdesk the options of Submit to "Waiting for Approval" or Reject. I could frame the Approved to mean "approve for submittal" but that's clunky.

I've create a list field "Evaluation Actions" with the choices "Submit" and "Reject" and put it on the Evaluation form (see the attachment to what our helpdesk would see). The trick is to trigger completion of Evaluation when one of the actions is selected. Any thoughts?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi godef,
Well this is a post from a while ago but still 🙂
Its recommended to stay with default options for triggers you can use the attributes field to set up dependencies default field closed or approve for example
More info in this guide here

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Maayan

godef
I'm new with SysAid, working on developing my first workflow. "Approved" Y/N seems to be the go-all to trigger completion of an Action Item, but I was wondering how to create an alternative to this option. In my workflow, I have an "Evaluation" where our helpdesk evaluates a user request to decide what subtasks will be needed, what template to use, etc. Instead of Approved Y/N, I'm looking to give the give helpdesk the options of Submit to "Waiting for Approval" or Reject. I could frame the Approved to mean "approve for submittal" but that's clunky.

I've create a list field "Evaluation Actions" with the choices "Submit" and "Reject" and put it on the Evaluation form (see the attachment to what our helpdesk would see). The trick is to trigger completion of Evaluation when one of the actions is selected. Any thoughts?
I have since figured this out. I'm new in SysAid, and at that point, I thought I was going to need "Approve" to complete an action item and was looking for other options, but once I actually began testing the workflow, I discovered the "Complete" button, and that I could pretty much do whatever I wanted in terms of dependencies. So I have created various custom "Action" fields which are lists I set up with the options desired for a given action (Submit, Accept, Reject, Approve, Completed, etc) and use these in the dependencies.