Solved

Archiving

• 11 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Active talker
  • 70 replies

We have never archived tickets in the past, and we have been using SysAid for about 12 years now.

On a test server, I have setup an escalation rule to archive tickets with a request time of < 1/1/2011.  In theory, i thought this would archive all the 2010 tickets.  It did a pretty good job, but for some reason it left about 64 tickets unarchived.  Not sure why.

My other issue….when viewing archived tickets, i can only see 1000...even though i am selecting all.  Any thoughts how i can work around this issue?  

Lastly, is there a way to not to send notifications when a ticket is archived.  That would certainly make a mess of several mailboxes.

Thanks - 

icon

Best answer by Maayan Karstaedt 17 July 2022, 17:30

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hi Evan.  Not sure about the 64 unarchived tickets - but the system views are limited to 1000 results.  If you want more, you’ll have to filter out some or run a report.

As for the archive notifications - there should be a section in the escalation rule where you can turn off notifications.  It’s at the bottom half of the rule and you should be able to uncheck a box.

Hope this helps.

Badge

Thanks for your reply!

I thought i turned off those notifications, but still received.  I had eventually turned them off in the main settings page.  

I will check it out what i have setup.

Badge

Hi Evan

I hope this can help you.

Of the 64 SR possibly these are linked to a "Parent ID" and that is why the escalation rule does not modify them.

For my part when I modify many tickets and ensure that no notifications are sent before I disable the email integration, because when modifying status depending on the configuration you have these can trigger notifications even if you do not have notifications enabled in the "Escalation Rules".

Badge

Hi Evan

I hope this can help you.

Of the 64 SR possibly these are linked to a "Parent ID" and that is why the escalation rule does not modify them.

For my part when I modify many tickets and ensure that no notifications are sent before I disable the email integration, because when modifying status depending on the configuration you have these can trigger notifications even if you do not have notifications enabled in the "Escalation Rules".

Thanks for your reply, but there are no parent IDs associated with these SRs.  

As for the notifications….i had email integration disabled, thats why  i was so surprised at the emails.  I had to go into notifcation setting and turn all of on the adminstrators.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Wow amazing, thank you SysMates @Nicholson @Scanda for helping out @Evan!

Just to recap and add some reading materials: 

1. Why are 64 tickets not archived? - Check if there are parent relationships or if their status is not defined with class “Closed”
  2. 1000 ticket view - indeed it is by design limitation, if you want to review and analyze all the tickets, the best approach is to create relevant report and export to excel.  
  3. Disable notifications when doing bulk changes  - there is a feature flag that needs to be enabled “Do not Notify (dnn)”. Reach out to our Customer Care to get it turned on for you: By Live chat or open a ticket on our Customer Portal 

Cheers,