Question

Autologging An Incident From Email

• 31 August 2022
  • 5 replies

We have setup the Email Rules to auto generate an incident from an email but this feature has never appeared to work.  I have checked the settings and everything seems to be ok. Has anyone else had issues with this?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Shaun Davies ,

I see you are on cloud is that correct? Can you share a screenshot or details what have you set up? 

In any case check this guide for setting up an incoming email integration to make sure you addressesd all requirements. 

Let us know how it goes!

Hi

This is how things are setup. TIA

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Shaun Davies thanks! in the field “text to search for” you have the statement ‘Any text’ - was that auto populated by the query builder or input manually? If manually please click clear and save and test again. 

Let me know if worked,

Hi I have done that and tested and it appears to be working now. Thanks.  When I get the notification and I reply to it, it doesn’t appear on the Incident. Do you know which settings deal with replies? Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Shaun Davies , 

Glad we are over one hurdle! A few things to check regarding replies coming into to the ticket opened: 

1. Do you have the # serial id of the ticket in the title? 
  2. In body of text did maybe have another #serial number? and then it associated to that id? you can disable it if you go: 
  1. Also check if the replies are routed to the notes section by any chance: 

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,