Solved

Automation for Specific Fields

• 18 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone! Just started a job that uses SysAid for our Help Desk and currently, I’m in the process of backdating and closing out a ton of requests by assigning categories, inputting solutions, etc. Just wondering if anyone had success automating this process on Python (or something similar) using SysAids REST API and if so, would be willing to provide tips or pointers on how to get started. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by AlexanderChr 18 July 2023, 20:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @tien40 ,

There are a lot of commands that can be used with REST API.

If you have the application configured, you can check our guide here.

You can update fields using a simple command line - as an example 

Sample JSON input for/sr/273, update the status, add a note, change assigned to user & modify time

{
“id”:”273”,
“info”:
[{“key”:”update_time”, ”value”:1391756438000},
{“key”:”status”, ”value”:2},
{“key”:”notes”,”value”:[
{“userName”:”sysaid”,”createDate”:1391756438000,”text”:”Note 123”}
]},
{“responsibility”:66}]
}

All the examples can be found here.

If you still need assistance, do let me know what you’re trying to achieve and I can help.

Have a nice day!

Hey @AlexanderChr,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate the input and Sample JSON you provided.

To answer your question, what I was trying to achieve was to automate the process of assigning categories, status updates, assigned users, and add solutions for our incidents/requests for a specific time frame but auto assigning categories may be a reach since there are too many different request titles to filter through.

So now, I am trying to work on a script that would update the solutions with a generic statement, update statuses to “Closed”, and assign myself as a tech if they do not already have an assigned tech.