broke my view

• 3 April 2020
  • 5 replies

hello tech team,
I just broke my incident view and not sure how to get it back. I cleared the static field under customize view, click save and then it blanked my view. Now, when I click on incidents nothing shows up. How do i get it back?

5 replies

Please contact our support, they will be able to assist you with this.
*You should be able to access the CustomizeListView.jsp directly - you just need the parameters - like I said support will provide them
Thank you, I did this and they helped me fix this issue quick!

I had to paste this into the URL:
/CustomizeListView.jsp?listName=Service%20Requests&srType=1&listViewName=@BASE64@Um9icyBUZXN0¬AddingIndexJSP=true

This got me back to customize view to fix it.
Thanks again!
Is there a better way of doing this yet? I struggle getting these things right first time and often have to create new views. It's a real issue for me.
I've broken my view through attempts at filters more times than I care to admit. I started writing down exact formats on a document for my filters when I know what exactly worked. What usually works for me to get the filter to reset is to erase everything after the "HelpDesk.jsp?" (or if you don't have the "?" it'd be everything after the ".jsp" on the URL. So if your web address is "http://yourserveraddress/HelpDesk.jsp?helpdeskfrm&fromId=List" you would erase everything after ".jsp?" and replace it with "resetParams=YES". Insert the "?" where needed. I will warn you though- there have been a couple of oddball times that this didn't fix it and I had to have a coworker blow the view away.
Nicki Swart
I've broken my view through attempts at filters more times than I care to admit. I started writing down exact formats on a document for my filters when I know what exactly worked. What usually works for me to get the filter to reset is to erase everything after the "HelpDesk.jsp?" (or if you don't have the "?" it'd be everything after the ".jsp" on the URL. So if your web address is "http://yourserveraddress/HelpDesk.jsp?helpdeskfrm&fromId=List" you would erase everything after ".jsp?" and replace it with "resetParams=YES". Insert the "?" where needed. I will warn you though- there have been a couple of oddball times that this didn't fix it and I had to have a coworker blow the view away.

That's awesome. Thank you. I'm not too proud to say I messed one up twice yesterday and locked myself out on both admin accounts so this will definitely be helpful next time I do that... which I will. Let's just be honest up front.