Category bummer... For us really bad.

• 9 September 2020
  • 3 replies

We have a major problem, after Sysaid in there wise days changed the security in category's.
In former versions, category's will not show up in the default view if you are not allowed to see them.
But in the newer versions, even if you are not allowed to choose the category with your admin rights, they will show up in the default view. This is a mayor issue for us, because we need to work across the whole company with the cases. So we cant use the setting only see admin groups SR's. We always had hidden HR cases with this setting. Do anybody else run into this issue? or can you provide a solution to remove certain category's from the default view? Maybe with filters?

All the best
Michael

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Schluchtmann
We have a major problem, after Sysaid in there wise days changed the security in category's.
In former versions, category's will not show up in the default view if you are not allowed to see them.
But in the newer versions, even if you are not allowed to choose the category with your admin rights, they will show up in the default view. This is a mayor issue for us, because we need to work across the whole company with the cases. So we cant use the setting only see admin groups SR's. We always had hidden HR cases with this setting. Do anybody else run into this issue? or can you provide a solution to remove certain category's from the default view? Maybe with filters?

All the best
Michael

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about this major issue you're having, but I'm really glad you posted to the Community. Hopefully one of your fellow SysAiders can suggest a solution.

Meanwhile, though, have you already reached out to your Customer Success Manager, Kirk?

Or have you tried opening a Support ticket? Just use: https://helpdesk.sysaid.com/servicePortal

Cheers,
Dena
Yes i reached out... Had also a lot of talks with pro services.. But none of the solutions fixes our needs. It is really bad, that a change that big, not was announced probably in my opinion. We just figured it out, when a employee suddenly could see HR cases
Schluchtmann
Yes i reached out... Had also a lot of talks with pro services.. But none of the solutions fixes our needs. It is really bad, that a change that big, not was announced probably in my opinion. We just figured it out, when a employee suddenly could see HR cases

Hi Michael,

Noted. We will speak to our product team. We really appreciate your feedback, this is how we learn to be and do better.

Kirk will reach out shortly to discuss this further.

Thanks,
Liza