Solved

Change request user to another user

• 4 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Good morning,

I don’t believe it’s possible but here goes.

We have a few automation email for example, one would be newstarter@example.com where we are notfied of a new user. This mailbox is unmonitored and would therefore not receive any replies. We can of course change this to our HR user.

What I would like is any emails from newstarter@example.com to have the request user field be automatically changed to hr@example.com IF the subject field is XXX.

In Settings>Service Desk>Email Rules> EMAIL RULE >    Update the following SR fields:
there is no option to change the request user. Is it possible to add this option? Or would this fall under a FR?

icon

Best answer by simonamirza 19 July 2023, 13:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Leon, 

You can change the request user from the Query builder as shown in the below screenshot. What you have to do is click on Query builder and from the dropdown, choose Request user. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Leon, 

You can change the request user from the Query builder as shown in the below screenshot. What you have to do is click on Query builder and from the dropdown, choose Request user. 

Thanks for that.  To be honest, I wasn’t sure what the action builder did down there. Makes more sense.