Email Notifications

• 17 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hello SysAiders!

I received a request from a user who was wondering about "adding two emails" to a submitted ticket/request so both the requester and a third party (non-requester, non-admin) also receives email notifications on status changes, etc.

To lay it out:
User 1 submits a ticket/request.
User 1's boss, (User 2) wants to be kept up to date on the progress of the ticket/request and receive the same email notifications as User 1.

How can I loop User 2 in without making them an admin and without figuring out some weird way to setup email forwarding rules in User 1's Outlook?

Thank you for any ideas! 🙂

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Good morning Charlotte,

I have just tried out what I understood from your contribution in my test environment.

If user 2 is entered in the "CC" field, he will also get all the information from the ticket. Also all automatic messages.

Try it on yourself, it just seems to me.

best
Karlson

Charlotte - Northway Bank
Hello SysAiders!

I received a request from a user who was wondering about "adding two emails" to a submitted ticket/request so both the requester and a third party (non-requester, non-admin) also receives email notifications on status changes, etc.

To lay it out:
User 1 submits a ticket/request.
User 1's boss, (User 2) wants to be kept up to date on the progress of the ticket/request and receive the same email notifications as User 1.

How can I loop User 2 in without making them an admin and without figuring out some weird way to setup email forwarding rules in User 1's Outlook?

Thank you for any ideas! 🙂
Badge
Thank you Karlson! If I am understanding what you mean correctly, that is when you email into SysAid and it automatically becomes a ticket?
We don't have SysAid setup to create tickets from incoming emails. We only create them for the users manually when they call or let them create tickets in the end user portal.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Thank you Charlotte,
the way to open a ticket does not matter!

You can add the "CC" field in the template for end users or administrators! Regardless of who creates the ticket, you can fill in the "CC" field.

best
Karlson
Badge
Wow, you are my savior! This is EXACTLY what I needed! I didn't even realize that field was an option. I added it, tested, and it working great. Thank you so much!!