Emails into the Helpdesk

• 3 October 2014
  • 9 replies

Hi all,

When a user emails an issue into the helpdesk, we are finding that we get CSS at the top of the description field. Our description would look like this

P.ImprintUniqueID { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } LI.ImprintUniqueID { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } DIV.ImprintUniqueID { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } TABLE.ImprintUniqueIDTable { MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 } Hi, my computer is broken, please fix

Has anybody seen this issue and if so do you know how to resolve?
Many thanks
Newguy

9 replies

Hi Newguy,

Is there anyway you can post a screenshot of what you see in the ticket, and also an example of the email that goes into SysAid?

Also, I know that SysAid typically doesn't process HTML in incoming emails, but that's to be fixed in 14.4. What version are you currently using?

Cheers,

Michael
Hi slabodnick
We are using v14.1.07 b45 and I have
Here is the second attachment
I have now attached three screen shots as requested. Please let me know if you require any further information
Newguy
This has been happening to us since version 14.1 as well. We use on Premise v14.3.12 b22 and it is still this way. Any email with CSS is displayed in the ticket.
If we could eliminate this, it would make it a lot easier.

Or if tickets could display HTML/CSS, that would be even better!
Hey guys,

I apologize for the late reply. I am now in the process of surveying older threads to make sure everything has been taken care of.

Can you please tell us if the issue still occurs? And if so - can you please send us a screenshot of your email integration settings?

@newguy: I understand that you have opened a ticket with our Tech Support team back when you first posted about the issue here, have you managed to resolve the problem?

Looking forward to your replies,
Danny
Was a resolution ever found for this? This is happening for me on version 20 as well. Logged a ticket with sysaid support and the just suggested I upgrade to the latest version which doesn't help. Especially if it has been happening since version 14.
https://community.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/0/11213.page#68039

Hi Danny do you know if the issue above from 2014 was ever resolved? I am on version 20.2 and have this issue and support just said upgrade to 20.4 which does not help.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
ash
https://community.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/0/11213.page#68039

Hi Danny do you know if the issue above from 2014 was ever resolved? I am on version 20.2 and have this issue and support just said upgrade to 20.4 which does not help.

Hi ash

The problem has long been solved with the additional field "Service request source email" that you have to integrate into your template. You can only watch when an HTML source email comes in.

In the case of pure TXT formats as e-mail, the normal Description field is still used.
Not yet completely resolved, but a great help.

best regards
Karlson