Skip to main content

SysAid Edition / PackagePro Plus Edition

Build Numberv23.3.35 b4

Hi, I have for years a simple escalation rule that set tickets with status Ready to Closed six days after last modifikation date. It works for most of it, but not for some. Cant see a difference. The oldest SRs which are not working are from early 2022. We have tickets back to 2009. 

There is no filter other than status ready:

Can I manually test the Rule when I change something? Is it a bug?

Escalation rules in SysAid are designed to automatically perform actions on service records (SRs) when predefined criteria are met. Each time an escalation rule runs on a service record, it sets an escalation level for that SR. This level acts as an upper limit used by other escalation rules to determine if they should apply to the SR. If the escalation level of a ticket is higher then 3 (the value set in the rule presented), it will not be applied to that ticket.

Additionally, escalation rules are not triggered on archived tickets (by default, this includes any service record that has not been updated for more than 12 months). Escalation rules typically operate on active or open SRs based on the conditions set when the rule was created. Once a ticket is archived, it is considered out of the active workflow and generally does not trigger escalation rules.

If you need to apply specific actions to archived tickets, you might consider temporarily restoring them to an active status to meet the criteria of your escalation rules or manually applying the desired actions. Here's a general guide on how to handle escalation rules with respect to archived tickets:

• Review Escalation Rules: Check your current escalation rules to understand their conditions and actions. This can be done in the Service Desk module under the Escalation Rules section.
  • Identify Archived Tickets: Determine which archived tickets might need to be affected by escalation rules.
  • Restore Tickets (If Necessary): Temporarily restore the archived tickets to active status if you need to apply escalation rules to them.
  • Apply Manual Actions: Alternatively, manually apply the desired actions to the archived tickets without changing their status.
  • Monitor and Adjust: After applying the necessary actions, monitor the results and adjust your escalation rules or processes as needed.

Please note that the specific steps and capabilities may vary depending on the version of SysAid you are using.

Let us know if you require further assistance with this matter.

Thanks for the answer. 

“Additionally, escalation rules are not triggered on archived tickets (by default, this includes any service record that has not been updated for more than 12 months). “

When I filter by active requests, then “ready” SRs are present so I dont think they are archived.