Filter to Export to Excel does not work

Hello, when filtering the ticket search it is displayed correctly on the screen but when exporting to Excel, the filter that was placed does not work and the report is incorrect.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it?

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
erick_correa
Hello, when filtering the ticket search it is displayed correctly on the screen but when exporting to Excel, the filter that was placed does not work and the report is incorrect.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it?

Hi,
what does not work?
is more or less data written into the table than is filtered?
Is the format wrong in the table?

Do you have a little more details?

cheers Karlson
Thank´s, the problem is that the filter does not work, any filter that I place displays correctly on the screen but when I select the export option it does not respect the filter and exports everything
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Yes I can confirm that. I just tested it on my end and have the same problem. In addition, everything is written in the first column.
Until last week I had no problems but since Saturday it no longer works
I just went to export a list of assets which was127 computers I had selected and it exports a blank csv file. Tried to just export without selecting anything, tried to use a default sysaid template, same results, just not pulling any data and export process is happening way to fast. We upgraded a month or so ago and hadn't had a need until now to export a list of assets or anything out of sysaid.

It seems to export fine if your exporting from the incident list of incidents as I had 10 active items and did an export and that's what I see.

This is occurring in the Asset Management module which is exporting blank info.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
SNO911
I just went to export a list of assets which was127 computers I had selected and it exports a blank csv file. Tried to just export without selecting anything, tried to use a default sysaid template, same results, just not pulling any data and export process is happening way to fast. We upgraded a month or so ago and hadn't had a need until now to export a list of assets or anything out of sysaid.

It seems to export fine if your exporting from the incident list of incidents as I had 10 active items and did an export and that's what I see.

This is occurring in the Asset Management module which is exporting blank info.

Hi,

All data from the asset list are exported correctly! With filter and without filter .... However, all data is written to the first column and the columns from the asset list are not taken into account.

Do you have a cloud or on-premise version?

Karlson
On Premise version.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi SNO911,

in general, whenever a function is offered, I am always in favor of it. In this case, I would suggest that you send your logs to support and they will examine it.

As a tip until the problem is solved, I would use the report function. This will give you the same data if you own the full edition.

cheers Karlson
Sysaid has the logs thanks for the update. I just checked out this new Report section but from what I can tell thus far it's pretty useless and creates unnecessary lines of useless data even if I filter to specific targeting inventory item versus the more simple export from the list option (especially when I customize what view I want for excel export)
+1 to this thread. I have the same problem.

Selecting filters in the view does not appear to have an effect on the export of the data. There are additional results in the data. These are the same reports I pull every month. It changed sometime in the past two weeks or so.

I've tried at least a half dozen different views and filter combinations. The export never matches what the filters show. There is always more results.