How are you logging time and documenting work performed?

• 9 January 2020
  • 0 replies

Hello All!

We are currently in the process of implementing Sysaid on-Prem v19.2.33 and are working through how we want the incident workflow to go.

We require detailed documentation of the work performed by technicians as well as strict auditing of their work, and I am wondering how some folks out there are managing this.

It seems intuitive to me that "Activities" would be the best place for logging time and steps taken, but there are a few problems with that:

1. Any carriage returns are removed when the activity gets entered, making this mostly unreadable if the notes entered are more than a few lines.

2. It's possible for an administrator to remove their own activity and have no history of this listed in the History tab, making this completely non-viable from an audit log standpoint.

3. More "quality of life" than the last two, but it's impossible to save the ticket without entering an end time for the activity, meaning they must either write all notes after the work has been performed(details will be forgotten and this adds a ton of overhead for closing tickets since they can't enter their notes as they go along), make an estimate for their end time before they actually finish the work, or leave the activity open and un-saved, essentially guaranteeing that they lose their work at some point if the window is closed or refreshed.

With all of that said, How are others out there using sysaid so that work performed can be logged and documented appropriately, as well as capturing time entry?

I am thinking that a timer to trigger when a ticket is set to in progress, as well as an "internal notes"(not exposed to end users) field might be the best way to go about it, but I am concerned that this is going to make reporting on a per-technician basis very difficult, since the timer values are going to be generic and not associated with a particular tech.

I am open to any suggestions and very interested in how some folks are managing this.

Thank you!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!