How can end users action a ticket waiting for approval with end-user portal ?

• 17 March 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi SysAid Team,

I am using end-user portal to let end users opening a request like new comer workflow.
After requester submits a request, it is needed requester's manager to approve.
However, manager cannot see the request in 'View Your Service History'. So, this request is never get approval.

How can this manager approve the request ?

P.S. I am using v17.3.57 b2, on premise version.

Rgs,
Noraset

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Have you built a request subtype with a workflow tab that includes an action item for the related template assigned to the requester's manager?
The action item should include the "Approval" field.

https://www.sysaid.com/onlineaid/legacy6/EditRequestTemplate.htm
Hi alefabian,

I built subtype including action items. In action item tab, I placed Approve field.

For my question, let I ask in another way;

How can manager know that there is a pending request for approval after requester sent a request ?
Is there any menu that manager can access to see pending requests ? So that manager can click the request and, then, do approval.
Userlevel 2
Badge
When the action item is enabled, the manager can receive an automatic workflow notification. The notification should contain the link to the action item on the End User Portal - or the approval/deny link embedded on it.

Check if Workflow Actions is enabled, under EUP settings.
Hi alefabian,

Thank you for your answer.
Anyway, I disabled automatic email notification because I cannot change standard content and recipients in SysAid email template.

Secondly, what if manager accidentally deletes the mail ? Is there any other way to go the request by himself ?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Managers has to know how to monitor workflow actions on EUP. The list of pending actions is visibile under the "Workflow actions" on EUP.

Regarding the recipients, SysAid is able to define the actual recipients dynamically according to the requester or other conditions - Eg. an action item can be assigned to requester's manager dynamically.
Thank you Alefabian. I can use "Workflow Actions" menu with some workaround.
Question: Is there a way to link to the action item tab in the workflow notification that goes out?
Userlevel 5
Badge

ICYMI, we launched SysAid’s modern Self-Service Portal (SSP) a while back, and now we’re ready to say farewell to the legacy End-User Portal (EUP).

For our cloud customers, this change is already in progress and will be completed by the end of 2021! For our on-premises customers, the EUP will be sunsetted in the Q1 2022 release.

Looking to learn more about what a SSP is all about, read up about it here..

Also, be sure to join our webinar on December 8th . at 10 am ET where we’ll cover what the transition from the EUP means for you, and how to boost your self-service capabilities and employee adoption to the next level.

Onwards and Upwards!
Maayan