Question

How do you leave a ticket unassigned?

• 24 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’d like to be able to re-route a ticket to another group -

I’d like to be able to leave the ticket unassigned so the team lead of that group can decide who to assign the ticket to --

Is it possible to do this with incident and requeste tickets in SysAid?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Reed the Swede

To re-route a ticket to another group and leave it unassigned in SysAid, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your SysAid admin portal.
2. Navigate to 'Settings' > 'Service Desk' > 'Routing Rules' to access the routing rules.
3. Click on 'New' to create a new routing rule or select an existing rule to modify.
4. In the routing rule form, specify the criteria for the tickets you want to re-route.
5. Set the 'Assigned Group' to the new group you want the ticket to be routed to.
6. Leave the 'Assigned Admin' field blank to ensure the ticket remains unassigned within the group.
7. Save your changes.

By doing this, the ticket will be visible to the entire group, and the team lead can then assign the ticket to the appropriate team member. This process applies to both incident and request tickets in SysAid.

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Badge

Thanks simonamirza - I just saw your post - thank you -

I just tried another approach to the modification --

I think I might have found the setting where this is controlled -

it’s a bit counter intuitive but if you go into the sub type for the form template and edit the Top Panel → Process Manager

We experimented with setting “Required for statuses” to only closed statuses -- see attached screen shot