How to modify the Incident template

• 10 August 2020
  • 7 replies

• New SysMate
  • 3 replies
I am trying to find a way to move the "Request user" drop down field to the top of the template. So when a new incident is created we can select the Request user right away without having to scroll down then enter it in. Any way to do that?

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Click on Design Form button (triangle icon) and select Top Panel from Tab drop down field.
Make Request User field visibile and then save.
Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I am not seeing the triangle to click on for the design view. I see the list of Incident templates. If I click on the check box of one of the templates or if I click on the template to view it, I still don't see the triangle.
Userlevel 2
Badge
You should have the permissions as SysAid administrator to add/remove the fields to template.
Contact your SysAid administrator to ask him/her to move Request User field.
I am one of the SysAid administrators and have been tasked to get this done. I have been able to get to the design form via a different way:

Tools ... Administrators ... clicking on me ... Help Desk tab, from there I see a list of incidents that I have closed. If I click on one to open it up, I see a Design Form button in the upper right corner. Clicking on that shows the screen you were describing to begin with, but going through that did not seem to work.
Userlevel 2
Badge
The Design Form button is available on the incident form (and related subtype) and not on the incident template. You can simply go to the incident list and click on a new or existing one.

If you are a SysAid admin and you can open the Design Form window, there's no reason to not be able to move the Request User field on the Top Panel. Except for one main reason: Top Panel may support up to 9 fields - consider that Category counts as 3 fields.
Perfect! Thank you. That was my problem. I had too many fields. I now have the form setup the way we want it. Thank you again.
How do I quickly add the Request user field to the top section on all templates at the same time? Seems tedious to edit them one by one.