Importing User Custom List into SR display

• 10 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I've added some values in User Custom List 1. Is there a way to display these values directly on an SR opened by that user?

I thought about adding a custom field to the SR and trying to somehow bring the value of the User Custom List into that field, but I've so far found no way of doing this.

I've tried to assign a value to that custom field with Escalation Rules, but I haven't found a way to use data directly from the database.

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi eugen.sechel!

In order for end-user to see a drop down list on his SR template you need to add it on their form as well:
Settings>Self-Service portal>Incident Submission form>Design form
Check IT out

In order for admin to see the field when reviewing the SR you need to add it to their form view as well, here:
Settings>Service Desk Templates>Incident Templates>Choose template from list>Design form

Let us know how it goes!
Cheers,
Maayan

eugen.sechel
Hello!

I've added some values in User Custom List 1. Is there a way to display these values directly on an SR opened by that user?

I thought about adding a custom field to the SR and trying to somehow bring the value of the User Custom List into that field, but I've so far found no way of doing this.

I've tried to assign a value to that custom field with Escalation Rules, but I haven't found a way to use data directly from the database.

Thank you!
Hello!

Thank you, but since that list is associated with end users, it does not appear in the fields I can include in the SR form.

Thank you.

Maayan Karstaedt
Hi eugen.sechel!

In order for end-user to see a drop down list on his SR template you need to add it on their form as well:
Settings>Self-Service portal>Incident Submission form>Design form
Check IT out

In order for admin to see the field when reviewing the SR you need to add it to their form view as well, here:
Settings>Service Desk Templates>Incident Templates>Choose template from list>Design form

Let us know how it goes!
Cheers,
Maayan

eugen.sechel
Hello!

Thank you!