Solved

In a Template, move created workflow tabs right behind existing non-workflow tabs?

• 14 July 2022
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to edit a Request Template, and when you create a new request subtype and view the template it creates, the tab order is

Request Details; Approve (Workflow tab); Close; History; Related Items

But if I want a different workflow tab to replace Approve, is there a way to do that?

When I add one, it just gets added to the end of the list. I recognize if I want to rearrange workflow tabs with other workflow tabs,  I can do that, but that isn’t what I’m trying to do.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by mhaag 29 July 2022, 12:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @kyle.bgcdsb!

Will break down the answer to 2: 

1 - Changing view of tabs in request template id defined on the subtype itself.

Check this out:  

How to reach you Sub Types
​​​

Once in a specific Sub Type click “Design From” and choose the tab you want to customize and don’t forget to hit save!

Sub Type Design Form

2 - Changing the order of workflow and especially step “Approve” - can easily be done by drag n drop on our Workflow Designer check IT out 

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Badge

Same question here: I create a new Workflow tab, it gets positioned at the end of the list. I want “IT To Do” to be after “Approve”:

Drag and Drop in the Workflow Designer does not work, because there are no “non-workflow”-tabs.

Same question here: I create a new Workflow tab, it gets positioned at the end of the list. I want “IT To Do” to be after “Approve”:

Drag and Drop in the Workflow Designer does not work, because there are no “non-workflow”-tabs.

Exactly, this is what I’m looking for, and currently it seems impossible.

Badge

Exactly, this is what I’m looking for, and currently it seems impossible.

There is a way to achieve this. What I’m doing is, I delete the non-workflow tabs then I add my workflow tab where I want it and after that I recreate all tabs that I deleted.

It’s clunky but it works.