Incoming email - Generate a request instead of an incident

• Community Enthusiast
  • 13 replies
We'd like to automatically generate a Request based on an email account instead of an incident.

A) Is this possible?
2) ITIL is responsible for all of society's ills.

10 replies

I've been thinking about this as well.
We should definately have the option to set up rules for incomming emails.
The standard route could be email -> Service Request and mails from our monitoring systems where the subject is known based on the event type could be routed into event or incident management.
Badge +1
Maybe this feature request is what you're looking for?
/Sysforums/posts/list/279.page

We haven't seen it yet but Oded and David talk about it.
I'd just like the option of selecting an Incident or a Request.
Badge
You could accomplish the incident or request by having two emails, and then setting the one with the requests to run an escalation rule every 5 minutes to move those incidents to a request. Quite the undertaking/workaround, but that's one way
I tried setting up an escalation rule, but it doesn't appear to be working. The only place you can deal with Service Record Type is in the action builder where I set it to change to Request. Is there another step I'm missing?
Badge
Yeah you have to do it in the action builder. Have screenshots of your ER rule?
Here is the screenshot in two halves
Badge
Everything looks correct. Only thing is I normally change that time out to every 5 minutes since that's when the system interval is. I've found in the past that ER's don't run sometimes if that value is set to less than 5 min.

Did you test this during operating times as well?
This Post is from 2013 but I am experiencing the issue right now. Does anyone have a solution? Email routing is set to create a "Request" but instead showing up as a "Incident" no matter what I try.

Any help would be appreciated.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Richard B
This Post is from 2013 but I am experiencing the issue right now. Does anyone have a solution? Email routing is set to create a "Request" but instead showing up as a "Incident" no matter what I try.

Any help would be appreciated.

Good Morning Richard B,

the possibility of doing this is controlled by the e-mail rules. However, it is essential to observe the forwarding rules.
Most of the time, the forwarding and the email roles are in conflict.

Please check.

best
Karlson