Is there any better Static Filter documentation yet?

• 14 September 2020
  • 6 replies

• Community Enthusiast
  • 17 replies
I occasionally have to write new views for our ticketing list and can't seem to find any documentation for the static filters beyond this ->
https://community.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/5737.page
Specifically, I'm looking for a syntax guide.

That is useful to a point but I'm not sure what the syntax is if I'm trying to do something like
title like "%battery%". The syntax and operators, and things like that aren't discussed.

I also found another unofficial one that has some links to some things but is difficult to navigate. Is there somewhere that someone who knew nothing about how the filters work could go to to learn to create static filters for views? Or perhaps a cheat sheet for things like this? I've written for quite a few of these but sometimes I just need a little guide for the specifics.

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
My understanding is that there is no posted guide. I recently asked for this as well and the answer was along the lines of: you can easily corrupt out of box views with poor entries.

A solid kb article with clear guidelines would be quite helpful.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
LukeV
I occasionally have to write new views for our ticketing list and can't seem to find any documentation for the static filters beyond this ->
https://community.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/5737.page
Specifically, I'm looking for a syntax guide.

That is useful to a point but I'm not sure what the syntax is if I'm trying to do something like
title like "%battery%". The syntax and operators, and things like that aren't discussed.

I also found another unofficial one that has some links to some things but is difficult to navigate. Is there somewhere that someone who knew nothing about how the filters work could go to to learn to create static filters for views? Or perhaps a cheat sheet for things like this? I've written for quite a few of these but sometimes I just need a little guide for the specifics.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,
It would be a bit much to summarize all information in one KB.
The static filter is to be used with the SQL commands. It is filtered like in the database itself.

best regards
Userlevel 1
How about the top 10-20 most requested/useful examples. An analysis of static filter requests and/or discussion with folks implementing these requests would be the best place to start. If you need suggestions i can come up with 5 or 10 I'd like to have access to.

I would not expect it to be comprehensive of all possible options. Rather than saying its too much work to list everything, why not start with most requested and build off of that?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
EvalNick
How about the top 10-20 most requested/useful examples. An analysis of static filter requests and/or discussion with folks implementing these requests would be the best place to start. If you need suggestions i can come up with 5 or 10 I'd like to have access to.

I would not expect it to be comprehensive of all possible options. Rather than saying its too much work to list everything, why not start with most requested and build off of that?

You can see here in two examples how you can filter multiple statuses in the active state to display active status.
In the second example, the login name is still taken into account and thus only the tickets assigned to the logged in admin.

status in (OPEN_CLASSES) and Status! = 3 and Status! = 4 and Status! = 5

status in (OPEN_CLASSES) AND responsibility = '$ LoginUserName $' and Status! = 3 and Status! = 4 and Status! = 5

The status values in the example = 3, = 4 etc. are to be replaced by your own values which you can read out in the status list in the settings.
Userlevel 1
Thank you, it's a start. Sysaid should still consider an official kb article on this category. The customers want to know how to leverage a feature that is available to us all. Seems like a very reasonable request
EvalNick
Thank you, it's a start. Sysaid should still consider an official kb article on this category. The customers want to know how to leverage a feature that is available to us all. Seems like a very reasonable request

Definitely. At the moment it kind of seems like the play is to just know enough from other areas of your IT life to feel your way through.