Question

Malware detected

• 1 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Our malware scanner detected malware in your software that we want to bring to your attention in help of a resolution:

• Filename: /public_html/support/inc/common.inc.php
  • File Type: Not a core, theme, or plugin file from wordpress.org.
  •  
  • Details: This file appears to be installed or modified by a hacker to perform malicious activity. If you know about this file you can choose to ignore it to exclude it from future scans. The matched text in this file is: $id = $id[0].$id[1].$id[2].

The issue type is: Backdoor:PHP/StringsConcat.13658
    Description: Obfuscated concatenated strings

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @bikin4fun ,

We looked at the path mentioned as part of the software configuration and we found no file for /public_html/support/inc/common.inc.php

To address the issue please provide the Account ID, you can find it by going to the drop-down menu on the top right of your SysAid Admin Portal, where you should see your username. Then click on "About" to find your Account Name along with a report identifying the issue.

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

The fire was edited for security reason and the highlighted code was removed. I had attached the file in a previous email and also in this tread. 

This was rated critical by our malware scanner.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @bikin4fun 

Please open a ticket regarding the malware detection by sending an email to helpdesk@sysaid.com or by submitting the ticket using THIS form.

We are waiting for your input on this case as soon as possible to continue the discussion regarding the malware detection.

I feel like it is Groundhog Day! 

I emailed your support ticket address first with all necessary details, then you asked me to join this community and create a post and now you are asking me to go back to email.

You should be concerned that your software is buggy and may have a malware that is affecting your clients.

Sorry to say that I do not have time for the going in circles, this is bad service.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @bikin4fun 

We checked the issue reported and found the ticket which was opened on our end for this matter.

An email was sent with the required files to further investigate the issue and help you on this case.

We are waiting for your reply on this case in the case opened.

Have a great day ahead!