Need some help on missing alerts

Badge
  • Active talker
  • 70 replies
We have been using SysAid since version 5. Sometime ago we realized we were not receiving emails or alerts on random SRs.

Turns out email integration was causing some issues with the way it handles subjects. These particular emails contained a number in the subject, and unfortunately those emails were integrated into old tickets that were closed. So we did not receive the alert of a new SR.

Is there something that we can do to fix this issue. I would think there may be a setting we can use. If we archive older SRs would that help our situation?

Thanks for the help!

-Evan

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi Evan,
Are you sure you are using version no. 5? In our numbering system this indicates the year the version was released i.e. you are using a SysAid version from 2005? We are currently at v21.4.45 for On-Prem.
If this is indeed the case I highly recommend you reach out to our Customer Care team and make a plan how to upgrade you to a more updated version. This is recommended for you in order to enjoy the many improvements and features we added through the years and also addressing and minimizin security vulnerabilities exposure.
Reach out by live chat or our Helpdesk to get this conversation started.

Best,
Maayan
PS - you can check what version you are on by clicking on the 'About' in your profile dropdown.

Evan
We have been using SysAid since version 5. Sometime ago we realized we were not receiving emails or alerts on random SRs.

Turns out email integration was causing some issues with the way it handles subjects. These particular emails contained a number in the subject, and unfortunately those emails were integrated into old tickets that were closed. So we did not receive the alert of a new SR.

Is there something that we can do to fix this issue. I would think there may be a setting we can use. If we archive older SRs would that help our situation?

Thanks for the help!

-Evan

Badge
Oops….forgot to mention we are on 21…the latest. Haha
Just pointing out the fact we’ve been using Sysaid for quite some time.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Oh! That makes more sense... Was wondering how would that even still be functional hh
Ok so let's address your questions:
1. Archiving closed tickets - Definitely worth implementing no matter what as best practice and to improve your loading time for queues etc. Simply create an escalation rule:
+
Escalation when more than '720' hours ((30 days)) passed since 'Close Time'
+
Change status to 'Auto Archive'

2. For the new tickets merging with existing tickets due to numbers in title check out this article: Change SR Prefix it might be the solution for this issue.

Let us know how it goes!
Cheers,
Maayan

Evan
Oops….forgot to mention we are on 21…the latest. Haha
Just pointing out the fact we’ve been using Sysaid for quite some time.