New drag-and-drop and visual preview capabilities for your attachments - FR#34718 - 19.3.10

Admins can attach files to an SR, using the control in the Attachments field in an SR form. This can be helpful for attaching log files or images, gifs, or videos that illustrate the issue that the user is experiencing.

Here’s what the old attachments UI looks like:

This functionality has been significantly upgraded in the latest release. For starters, the attachments are now displayed in attractive icons that indicate the file type instead of just the text of the file name.

Furthermore, admins need not download files to view them. SysAid now offers a gallery view that allows admins to quickly preview the attached files directly in the SR Form.

But perhaps most importantly, admins can now drag and drop files directly into the Attachments area for a faster and more pleasant user experience.

This is all in keeping our focus on providing a cleaner, more modern UI, a more pleasant user experience, and finding ways to help you work more efficiently.

For more information about fields in the SR form, please see our online help.

14 replies

Badge
Hi Danny,

we have version 19.3.12.b6 but we still have the old attachment UI!

gr. Paul
Hi Paul,

Can you take a screenshot of the attachment control in your system?

Thanks,
Danny
Badge
here it is.
Hey Danny,

We are having the same issue. We have version build number v19.3.12 b6 however we have the old attached. We attempted to remove and re-add that option however same thing.
Are PDF attachments viewable?
Will this thread soon have the drag-n-drop feature?

After testing I have answered my own question.
No, PDF's are not viewable. I successfully performed the new drag-n-drop (thanks great update) of two files, one a PDF the other a PNG. The PNG was viewable where the PDF was not.
Thanks guys, we are investigating why you cannot see the new control.

@YCUSD Hodges: Correct, PDF cannot be previewed at the moment, but we have plans for this in the future :)

Cheers
Hi Danny and all,
a real nifty feature BUT ....
for me it supports only images, NOT VIDEOS OR TXT (log) files (like you wrore...)
more mime types are realy needed here like (docx,pdf,xlsx ...)
eldad
The reference to log files was as an example for drag&drop feature 🙂 But we hear you! More types are planned for expanding this feature.
We are on 19.3.12b6 and do not see the new UI for attachments. Is there something we need to do?
Hey guys,

During our investigation on why some customers cannot see the new control, we've made some changes in Cloud last week. Can you confirm you can see the new control?

Thanks,
Danny
We are able to see the new control. Thank you!
The new control does not work, the previous one still appears, the version I currently have is v19.2.30 b20.
Hi,

Can you upgrade to the latest On-Premise (19.2.32), and report back on whether it's fixed?

Thanks,
Danny
Is it possible to make preview window larger?
We often get whole screen captured and it's impossible to see text while in preview.
If it was 90% screen width, it would be more usable 🙂