Solved

Passing a SR Value in a Workflow when comming in as an email?

• 28 April 2023
  • 2 replies

We are working on a workflow that is supposed to be triggered by an email coming in, we use an email rule to select our Workflow template. We are wanting to pass Title to the next tab of the work flow but when the email subject link goes into the title of the SR, but it doesn’t pass.  However,  if we trigger the workflow from the sysaid Self-Service Portal it does pass, we are wondering if we are missing a step to get it to work from an email?

icon

Best answer by alin.lupascu 20 July 2023, 11:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello @Elephant 33 , 

First of all I will recommend you to check the email rule and see if it has the correct template.

If I understood correct you want to import the title from the Request details tab to the workflow tab, right? If this is true, please make sure that you will update the service record and after that check if the title it was imported. 

Thank you and have a nice day! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Elephant 33 ,

It seems that you’re using the first action item in the Workflow and indeed it does not pass the information. There is a workaround for that:

1. Create an action item before the one that is passing the title - and make sure that is autocomplete. 

Do let me know if this helps.