Skip to main content
Solved

Priority Matrix - Not applying to new tickets?

Hi all!

I’m trying to setup a new Service Agreement but running into an issue with configuring the priority matrix. When raising a ticket with the Impact set to Minor and the Urgency set to Medium its setting the Priority to P4 instead of P3. I’m a bit confused as to why this is occurring. The agreement is applied to the company and the user logging the ticket is assigned to the company. Below is a screenshot of the service agreements priority tab, What am I overlooking? 

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!
Here is the response we thought might assist you:
>
Love the experience? You can enjoy the full power of SysAid Copilot and reduce your team workload starting today - check it by yourself
Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

To better assist you with your issue, consider opening a ticket with support team. This will allow you to provide more details and ensure we can address your concern effectively.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @rdtjbrown 

Have you tried checking the History tab of the ticket to see if any escalation rules are being applied? It’s possible that the priority matrix is applying the correct priority initially, which is then getting overwritten by an escalation rule.

Badge

Hi @rdtjbrown 

Have you tried checking the History tab of the ticket to see if any escalation rules are being applied? It’s possible that the priority matrix is applying the correct priority initially, which is then getting overwritten by an escalation rule.

Hi Gus,

We do have a simple set of escalation rules on the agreement (below) but the earliest applied Escalation rule is within 15 minutes of the request time. I’m logging test tickets and checking them pretty much instantly. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@rdtjbrown can you include a screenshot of the History tab of the ticket?

Badge

I’ve just created a new test ticket - The priority is set to P4. 

EDIT:

Ticket is 30 minutes old - No escalation rules have run, not even the standard one for when new tickets arrive, I think something is afoot with the actual Sandpit environment itself...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @rdtjbrown thank you for including the screenshots. The next thing I would check is to make sure the request user has the All Companies Agreement applied to his or her User profile OR that there is a Company applied to request user’s User profile and the Company has the All Companies Agreement applied to it

Badge

Hi @rdtjbrown thank you for including the screenshots. The next thing I would check is to make sure the request user has the All Companies Agreement applied to his or her User profile OR that there is a Company applied to request user’s User profile and the Company has the All Companies Agreement applied to it

Thanks Gus, I have discovered something a bit unusual. The Admin account I’m using does use the correct company which does have the “All Companies Agreement” applied to it - However, when I’m looking up the admin account in User Management > Administrators view, the Agreement field is showing as the DEFAULT SLA. 

I’ve gone ahead and setup a separate test account under the company with the agreement supplied and logged a ticket. I’ll give it 30 minutes to see if any escalation rules apply to it, however it still logs the same ticket (As my previous response) as a P4 ticket:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @rdtjbrown I just realized that the screenshot of your priority rules is of the priorities specifically for the All Companies Agreement SLA. Can you instead send a screenshot of the main page of the priorities matrix? (Settings > Service Desk > Priorities). 

I wonder if there is another priority rule that applies to all SLAs, which is being applied to the ticket first. 

Badge

Hi @rdtjbrown I just realized that the screenshot of your priority rules is of the priorities specifically for the All Companies Agreement SLA. Can you instead send a screenshot of the main page of the priorities matrix? (Settings > Service Desk > Priorities). 

I wonder if there is another priority rule that applies to all SLAs, which is being applied to the ticket first. 

Hi Gus, I think you’re onto something. The overall priorities look like an absolute mess. I’ll be deleting the vast majority of these. I think what may be happening is that the row with the ALL-ALL > P5 is downgrading the priority from P3 to P4 on the above example ticket? Checking the example ticket this morning there hasn’t been an escalation rule run on it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@rdtjbrown Yes, I think this is where the issue is. SysAid is running the first applicable Priority rule and then stopping. This includes generic Priority rules that apply to any and all tickets, regardless of company or SLA

Badge

Thanks Gus. The Service Desk > Priority Rules were indeed overwriting the priority matrix. I’ve fixed it now. Thank you for sticking with me!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks Gus. The Service Desk > Priority Rules were indeed overwriting the priority matrix. I’ve fixed it now. Thank you for sticking with me!

Glad to hear it, and you’re welcome!