Problem using the sysAid API using POSTman

• 30 November 2017
  • 2 replies

I am trying to reach my service request using the API. I can login as shown in the first attached picture but I can't perform any GETS on any of the commands; it just returns nothing, not even a blank JSON.

Am I using a wrong address? Do I just not enough permission to use the API?

Thanks in advance

2 replies

Hi John. I know this post is old, but I thought I'd chime in. I've been trying off and on to wrap my arms around Sysaid's API's for a while and happened to come across this post. I'm not sure if you've resolved your issue or not. The GET request in your second screenshot...../api/v1/sr......is a request that returns ALL service records and all fields pertaining to those records, which is a lot of data. That request eventually times out. I ran into the same thing. The recommendation is to add some additional parameters to filter the number of records to return. If you're just wanting to see if a GET request works, you could specify a service record number to return. For example, if you have a service record SR#1234, then add this to the end of your company url......../api/v1/sr/1234. Be sure you run your POST login request first to generate your cookie, then run your GET request https://<CustomURL>.sysaidit.com/api/v1/1234. Good luck, and I hope everything works!

Travis
Hi guys,

saw the post was active - a little help please :

i'm usiing nodeJS to use the API - i do get a login (i think - since i get a status 200) - i save the 'set-cookie' proprety witch i assume is the session token.

but then upon trying any other method (get) i get a message saying i'm not logged in and so on:
any idea what i should be doing ?

i've defined an agent that does keep the session alive.

thanks in advance for any help 🙂