Solved

Request Templates

I am trying to create a custom request template with my own questions.  Is there a way to do this?  I don’t see a “custom” action item to add to the template.  Any help would be helpful.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 April 2023, 19:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @lshahid 

In order to create your own custom questions you need to go to Customise then Field Customisation then create the new service record and action items in there. Once you have done this you will be able to add your custom questions into the sub type via the design form. 

KR

Dave

Hi @lshahid

It all depends on whether you are interested in creating a new field with possible answers or if by “questions,” you are referring to creating a survey. 

1. If you’d like to create a new field with possible answers create a new list field under Settings -> Customize -> Fields Customization -> Service Record -> Create New ( top right corner ) Field Caption: The question itself. To add answers to the new field like values, go to Settings -> Customize -> Lists -> Search for the field created and add values. To add the field to the template, go to Settings -> Service Desk Templates -> Sub types -> Select subtype used by the template -> Design Form ( top right corner ) -> Move the field from Available to Visible Fields -> Save.
  2. If by “questions,” you are referring to Surveys go to Settings -> Customize -> Service Request Survey. https://documentation.sysaid.com/docs/service-record-survey

UefDwWk2F_yVi8Ap40Xs1fpByABO46H5jZrL0o_pdtsPxPjQCZRZuaDFRLE59RIC53zEYY4Z7xbAkRYOtg8SfU090lSaUOX5WMjkLNIsI1tRh5RvtGinQwlkCNDxyg2JdG6pgbB9QTD3fwX9_n7oEyxolp9tcffBnVdcI--I3ppspzSkd66k1cOir1IZhPKxpCrBylUWIGmB

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks all