Sending workflow notifications

• 5 February 2022
  • 1 reply

I'm trying to find a way to send a workflow notification from one action item with the values of fields from a previous action item. I have tried looking into copying fields over, but I would rather not have to do that and it isn't even working for me in the dependencies (nothing populates in the second field despite having lots of custom fields on each).

The code that support kept giving me was for "GetCurrentActionItem(..)" or w/e, but I am not looking for information on the current action item, but on an action item two action items back in the chain.

We are currently on the most up-to-date on prem version.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi klsjdfijoiwef,

You are working IT the right way transferring action item fields through workflow steps, if you are encountering further issues with dependencies reach out to our lovely Customer Care team
live chat or our Helpdesk

Cheers,
Maayan

klsjdfijoiwef
I'm trying to find a way to send a workflow notification from one action item with the values of fields from a previous action item. I have tried looking into copying fields over, but I would rather not have to do that and it isn't even working for me in the dependencies (nothing populates in the second field despite having lots of custom fields on each).

The code that support kept giving me was for "GetCurrentActionItem(..)" or w/e, but I am not looking for information on the current action item, but on an action item two action items back in the chain.

We are currently on the most up-to-date on prem version.