Setting the categories from a query string in order to create a Favorite

• 24 June 2020
  • 0 replies

I am playing with the favorites query string to see what it lets me do.

Currently we have a basic incident template that most SR are fed from. There are some things that I do personally that I do not think warrant adding extra templates. Some common categories I use for instance. I am able to save this URL to set the Category just fine
https://[accountname].sysaidit.com/SREdit.jsp?id=0&fromId=IncidentsList&SR_Type=1&templateID=206&status=2&problem_type=Alert
Where Alert is a Main Category for us. I also set the status based on its ID. 2 = Open for me. I can't seem to be able to set the Sub-Category this way (havent tried Third Level). I have tried the following in the query string without the desired result
problem_type=Alert_IT_Query
problem_type=Alert&problem_sub_category=IT

The former matches the API approach so I thought I would give it a try but that just set the main Category verbatim. Using problem_sub_category has no visible change.

How can I set the sub and third level categories from a query string? As an aside there appears to be no validation of this method so I can set the Category to be whatever I want and it appears in the list. It's possible the submission of such an SR would fail.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!