Status Drop Down is not accessable on specific ticket

Badge +2
I have a ticket that I have been working on in my On-Premise system that will not allow me to change the Status of the ticket. The drop down feature is not available and the box seems to be greyed out. The ticket is open and it is set to a Status of Researching (Class for that status is Deleted/Ignore). I have other tickets in a status of Reearching and I can access the drop down on those with no problem. Any ideas of what might be causing this one ticket to act this way?

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Steve_IT_FPST
I have a ticket that I have been working on in my On-Premise system that will not allow me to change the Status of the ticket. The drop down feature is not available and the box seems to be greyed out. The ticket is open and it is set to a Status of Researching (Class for that status is Deleted/Ignore). I have other tickets in a status of Reearching and I can access the drop down on those with no problem. Any ideas of what might be causing this one ticket to act this way?

Hi Steve_IT_FPST

I think you have restrictions in the design form of the template! See Screebshot.

Ask a colleague with higher rights to change this for you!
Either in the Deign form or in the group permissions

Cheers
Badge +2
Karlson

Hi Steve_IT_FPST

I think you have restrictions in the design form of the template! See Screebshot.

Cheers

I am the only user/administrator so I have total access. I have not made any changes to the security levels on the templates so I am not sure why this one ticket is acting this way.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Steve_IT_FPST
Karlson

Hi Steve_IT_FPST

Cheers

I am the only user/administrator so I have total access. I have not made any changes to the security levels on the templates so I am not sure why this one ticket is acting this way.

Have you checked the settings from my picture?
Which version works for you?
Free, Basic, MSP or Full Edition

what is your build number
Badge +2
We have an On Premise Pro Edition, build number v.19.2.32 b4

I checked the settings you mentioned and nothing is set to restrict access as far as I can tell.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Steve_IT_FPST
We have an On Premise Pro Edition, build number v.19.2.32 b4

I checked the settings you mentioned and nothing is set to restrict access as far as I can tell.

Can you take a screenshot of:
Settings -> Customize -> Lists -> List Status
show here who shows the specific status in the list?

cheers
Badge +2
Karlson

cheers

The Valid for User Group setting in my list of Statuses is empty so it should be available to everyone. It's class is set to Deleted/Ignore so that it will not gather time. I have other tickets set to the same status and I can access the drop down with no problems.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Steve_IT_FPST
Karlson

cheers

The Valid for User Group setting in my list of Statuses is empty so it should be available to everyone. It's class is set to Deleted/Ignore so that it will not gather time. I have other tickets set to the same status and I can access the drop down with no problems.

Can you mark this ticket from the list view and change the status at this point?
Badge +2
No it would not let me, it did give an error about permissions or somethings else. I still do not know why because before this morning, I was able to make changes to that ticket's status but now I cannot. The only thing I have done is upload a new activation file for SysAid because we renewed our contract. I have not made ANY changes to permissions or security at all since we first set it up.
Check to see if their is a parent/child relationship to another ticket. If there is a relationship, remove it and try to update status.
Badge +2
Andy300
Check to see if their is a parent/child relationship to another ticket. If there is a relationship, remove it and try to update status.

There is and I remember why there is so it is behaving as it should be. Ugh...I hate when my brain does not work. Thanks for helping me see the obvious.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I think in this case the Sysaid Support is the better place