SysAid app on Android phone

Hi,

I have been using SysAid Helpdesk app on android phone for a while and it works fine.

I just change my phone and I found out that there is another app for SysAid called SysAid Helpdesk (see attachment SysAidApp.png) and I would like to try it.

The issue I have is when I connect on this app, I have the error message: Invalid field name:third_level_category (see other attachment SysAidError.png), when I check in the review for this app 2 other people had the same issue but I can't find the solution anywhere so this is why I created this post.

I would also like to know why is there 2 apps and which one should I use.

Thanks

14 replies

Hi IdontKnow,

There is currently an issue on mobile apps when using SysAid without 3rd level categories. Is this perhaps the setup you're using?

Thanks,
Danny
Hi,

Thanks for your answer, we are not using the 3rd level categories so I will wait until the issue is resolved.

Is there a way I can know when the issue is resolved for that.

Also do you know why there is 2 SysAid app on android, is it an old version that doesn't have the issue and the new one with the issue?

Thanks
The other app is indeed the older version. You can use the older version at the moment until the issue is resolved :)
You can keep the newer app installed and when it updates next time, the issue is resolved.

Cheers,
Danny
We are new users of your product, have removed third-level categories and now have the:

invalid field name::third_level_category

bug on Android. I would like to monitor tickets with this app. Do you have any lead time for a fix? A null check in code shouldn't take long to implement....

Justin
Is there any update on the progress for fixing this issue?
We are currently running an internal Alpha testing on a new version of the app. More information will be released as soon as possible.
Bom dia caros, tudo bem?
Seria interessante demais um app complementar do Sysaid para que o usuĂ¡rio final possa "abrir chamado" utilizando apenas uma foto tirada do smartphone.
A ideia Ă© abrir uma requisiĂ§Ă£o atribuĂ­da Ă quele usuĂ¡rio, apenas com fotos, em casos onde nĂ£o hĂ¡ outros recursos.

Se a ferramenta ou APP existe, me informem onde ela estĂ¡ por favor!

Valew!
Hello,

almost year ago OP created this ticket.
I'm having same issue, 3rd category is disabled but the app is giving me this error (invalid field name::third_level_category)

Progress?
Hello
Android app is still available on the PlayStore?
Is there any update on the release of the APP? It has disappeared on the Play Store, and the link in Sysaid Documentation goes to 404... Our field Techs need this app, and we have 2 new guys that cant get it - that makes life hard for them...
Hi,

We are now running a beta of the new mobile solution. You can read more about it [urlhttps://community.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/16904.page]here[/url].

Cheers,
Danny
We are purchasing new Android and Iphones and are unable to find the SYSAID mobile app in the Play Store for our end users or admins/techs. Any updates...
Userlevel 2
Badge
The new web app for Android and iOS has been released - take a look at this https://community.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/16904.page
Userlevel 5
Badge
ICYMI we just released our mobile solution add-on for On-Prem accounts
Check IT out
Cheers,
Maayan