Unable to save subtypes

• 6 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all, my first post, just started creating a request workflow,

I created a new subtype, which created a request template automatically.

The problem i have is after editing the request template it created a duplicate when saved with #1 tag, which i deleted as i did not want duplicates, now the original template reverted to the default subtype (so i have deleted this also) and the original subtype now has no template.

How do i create a template based on an existing subtype its not obvious ?
or do i need to delete the subtype and recreate from scratch. This is a pain as i don't know why the template save created a duplicate template, which had also lost is workflows.

I tried editing the subtype to recreate the linked template but my save option remains greyed out even if i make a change so i am unable to actually re save the subtype to try this method.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Need to understand as well how all this works as it is quite confusing in terms of steps to follow to have a correct form for end users.
Badge

Running into this issue today. Super annoying there isn’t a drop down to swap a template to a different sub type… At least from what I’ve seen.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@karl.p 

I have come across this issue many times. It happens when you make too many changes to the work flow / request template so it creates a separate sub type. 

@efranco_bis If you go back into the sub type and design form you can add sub type on the for design then when you go back into the request template it will appear there and you can change the sub type on the form.