Solved

Using the end user portal in the cloud version

• 4 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have previously used an on premises version of SysAid where we used the end user portal instead of the self service portal. I now have a cloud instance and I can’t find the setting to switch to the end user portal. Is this available in the cloud version?

icon

Best answer by JRichardson 5 July 2023, 01:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @JRichardson,

The Self Service Portal is the rebranded version of the End-User Portal. Is there any specific functionality that you are looking for?

Badge +1

Thanks Alin - in the previous version I was able to set all users as department managers and then allow sharing of tickets between users in the same department.

Our support issues are often data related (e.g. fixing some incorrect data) and this affects multiple people. It is useful for a team member to be able to see which issues have already been raised and reduces the number of duplicate tickets. 

A team member can also provide extra information for their colleague’s ticket if the colleague has flown out for their break. 

Is there a way of doing something similar in the SSP? 

Cheers

Jenny 

Badge +1

Actually I have figured this out, thanks for your help!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Actually I have figured this out, thanks for your help!

Can you let me know how?

Badge +1

Hi Leon,

If you set a user as “Department manager” using the “Is Supervisor” field on the user form, they get an extra tab on the scorecard called “Supervised Requests”. I have renamed this to “Team Requests” using the translation file but I think there are other ways of renaming the widgets in this version (I just defaulted to the way I did it before). 

Cheers

Jenny