Solved

Viewing Tickets Assigned To Other Administrator Groups

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

We have one company and four different administrator groups:

Company Name: TestCompany
Administrator Groups:  Hardware Support, Network Support, Apps Support, Facilities

Automatic dispatch of service records is enabled for each administrator group.

Administrators in Tech Support, Network Support, and Apps Support need to see their own service records, service records that are assigned to their group, and service records that are assigned to any of these three groups. They should not be able to view service records that are assigned to Facilities.

Administrators in Facilities need to see their own service records and service records that are assigned to their group. They should not be able to view service records assigned to other groups.

How do I do this?

icon

Best answer by chrisis 4 November 2022, 02:55

View original

3 replies

Badge

I don’t think you can achieve what you want to here, although you can get close.

For each of your groups, on the third tab you will check the box that says, “enable group permissions”.

This will allow you to configure the fifth option down, which is View Service Records that are assigned to”.

For each of your 3 IT support groups, you would set that to “Anyone”.

For the Facilities group, you will set that to “Administrator and Groups only”.

This will restrict the facilities group from seeing anything else; they’ll only see the Facilities group tickets. However, the *Support groups will be able to see everything including Facilities.

I don’t think there is a way to specifically restrict viewing “all groups except this one” and there isn’t a granular selection for choosing admin groups to view on an individual basis.

Thank you very much, chrisis. We currently have it set the way you have described. I'll likely leave things as they are for now and hope that this will get functionality will get added in the future.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@rs1887416951 i invite you to open an idea for this request!